KEY Components of a Convenor
· People in this role:
· must be Active Listeners to understand people’s concerns
· require excellent communication skills, both orally and written
· require good de-escalation skills, for dealing with difficult situations
· require the ability to enforce rules
· must remain impartial and neutral
· must be available to manage urgent requests and emails within a timely fashion or non-urgent requests within 48 hours.(Can consider setting an OOO message to set expectations of when you will send / receive a response.)
· must have a good knowledge and passion for the game of Hockey to be able to successfully interact with and understand the mindset of the coaches, players and parents.
· Hockey is all about the players. Volunteers are here to make a difference and facilitate the program to ensure that the players enjoy the game and develop on and off the ice.