All KMHA Bench Staff and Volunteers are to have a current Vulnerable Sector Police Records check. Each Vulnerable Sector Police Records check is valid for a period of 3 years. You can check your Police Check status in your eHockey profile on the Hockey Canada site - CLICK HERE. Select "Login". If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. Once created, you will need to link your HCR member. Once done, select that member and "CRC" to see if your criminal records check has expired.
As of April 1, 2022, there is no longer an associated fee Police Criminal Record Check or a Criminal Record & Judicial Matters Check. It is important to note, this legislation does not apply to the Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
All check requests will be submitted via email directly to the Waterloo Regional Police Service. Electronic police record check results should not be printed. A printed version would not be considered valid or legitimate. Applicants should follow the instructions below for authentication. More information will be available on the Waterloo Regional Police Service FAQ page.
1. Applicants will be required to upload an agency volunteer letter when applying for their record check. There are two versions to choose from. Please choose the correct version for the position you are volunteering for.
a. All coach / team staff - CLICK HERE
b. All other volunteer positions - CLICK HERE
2. Add your legal name to the top of the letter.
3. To request a Vulnerable Sector Police Records check – CLICK HERE
4. Choose “BEGIN RECORD CHECK” and follow the instructions.
5. Once the check is complete, an electronic record check is sent to the applicant's email address as a PDF attachment.
6. Using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Acrobat), open the PDF.
7. Confirm all information is accurate.
8. Depending on the software you are using, at the top of the PDF's first page, you will see:
9. In the result portion, there will be a box selected with an 'X' inside indicating your record results.
10. At the bottom of the second page, you will find the digital signature from Waterloo Regional Police Service.
11. Select “Click here to verify Digital Signature”. This will open a ‘Signature Validation Status’ box as shown. You will be able to see here that the document has not been modified since it was certified. This certifies the record check is authentic.
12. Confirm the Date Completed and Badge Number fields are filled in.